This Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy (hereinafter referred to as the “Policy”) establishes the rules how SeekerOn LLC (hereinafter referred to as the “Holder”) collects, uses and discloses personal information obtained through website http://seekeron.com (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”). The Holder respects the privacy of all those who visit the Website and adopts this Policy in order to guarantee it shall not be violated.
SeekerOn LLC is qualified as a holder of personal data obtained through the Website and as soon as the visitors who submit any personal information about them through the Website therefore are subjects of personal data (hereinafter referred to as the “Visitors” or the “Personal data subjects”) in accordance with U.S. legislation.
The Holder intends to process the Visitors’ personal information in the safest mode in strict compliance with legislative demands and shall do its best to keep it from illegal distribution and usage.
The Information That is Gathered
The Holder gathers information that is voluntarily provided by the Visitors (hereinafter referred to as the “Personal data”) as well as information obtained by automated means. The details are set herein below:
- Personal data provided by the Visitors:
As far as the Website is designed for searching talents and job opportunities the Visitors are supposed to submit some personal information in order to be included to the base of potential candidates to be employed or to receive information on matching vacancies or to discover the candidates to be employed. For these purposes the Holder collects:
- the job seekers’ personal information from their profiles or resumes posted through the Website;
- the potential employers’ (natural persons) personal information or personal information of officials or representatives of potential employers (legal entities) provided during registration on the Website.
- Information obtained by automated means:
- In addition to personal data specifically provided by the Visitors the Holder automatically collects certain types of information in some instances when the Visitors visit the Website and through emails that the Holder and the Visitors may exchange. Automated technologies may include the use of “cookies” and web server logs to collect IP addresses. The collection of this information allows the Holder to better understand and improve the performance, usability and effectiveness of the Website and to measure effectiveness of marketing activities.
- “Cookies” – small text files called ‘cookies’ which are placed on the Visitors’ hard drives to assist in providing a more customized website experience.
- Log files – in order to properly manage the Website the Holder may anonymously log information on its operational systems, and identify categories of visitors by items such as domains and browser types. This is for statistics purposes in order to ensure that the Website presents the best web experience for visitors, is an effective information resource and provides a proper service.
- The Holder also collects information about the devices the Visitors use to access the Internet.
- Pages and URLs that refer the Visitors to the Website, also pages and URLs that Visitors exit to once they leave the Website.
- Dates and times of visits to the Website.
- Information on actions taken on the Website (such as page views, site navigation patterns and job view or application activity).
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which the Visitors access the Website.
- Search terms that Visitors use to reach the Website.
The Aim of Information Collection
The information is collected in order to satisfy the Visitors’ interests in the services provided via the Website.
The Personal data provided by the Visitors may be used:
- to conduct registration on the Website;
- to post profile or resume through the Website;
- to evaluate the qualifications of job seekers by the potential employers;
- to provide the job seekers with information on open vacancies which they may be interested in.
The information obtained by automated means may be used for statistics purposes in order to determine the Visitors interests and improve the Website services in order to meet essential and actual demands of the Visitors.
The Visitors’ Consent to the Holder to Process Their Personal Data
While posting a profile or a resume through the Website the Visitors shall provide their Personal data. If the Visitor prefer not to post his/her personal information, the access to the services of the Website shall not be possible for him/her.
While registering on the Website the Visitors shall provide their Personal data. They also shall choose a user name and a password, if a password is not provided by the Holder. If the Visitor prefer not to post his/her personal information, the access to the services of the Website shall not be possible for him/her.
By posting the profile or the resume through the Website as well as by completing the registration on the Website, the Visitors give the Holder their consent to their Personal data procession according to the effective legislation of U.S.
The consent to process the Personal data by the Holder shall be given in the moment of registration or posting of profile or resume by putting an approving mark by means of managing elements of the Website below the following text: “I have read and accept the Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy of the Website and therefore provide my consent to process my personal data in compliance with effective legislation”.
Particularly, the Visitors give their consent to use and process their Personal data including the consent to collect, obtain, register, accumulate, retain, adapt, change, recover, use and spread (spread, implement, transfer) by the Holder as well as to undertake other actions within the frames of the effective legislation.
By providing their consent the Visitors confirm that they are informed on their rights set, the aim of Personal data collection and that is shall be included to the personal data base.
By providing their consent the Visitors confirm that they agree that their Personal data may be processed and transferred to the third parties as well as across the national border and may be visible in the countries with less strict rules on personal data protection then in U.S.
By providing their consent the Visitors claim that including their Personal data to the personal data bases, its transfer, spreading, change or other type of processing may be performed by the Holder without their additional respective notification.
By providing their consent the Visitors agree that the Holder shall not bear responsibility for processing of the Visitors’ Personal data by third parties which were provided such Personal data directly by the Visitors or via public access inter alia through the Website.
The Visitors’ Rights
The Visitors as the subjects of personal data are entitled to the following rights:
- to know the sources of collecting personal data, the location of their personal data, the purpose of personal data processing, its location and/or the place of residence of a controller or a handler of personal data, or to issue an appropriate instruction to the parties authorized by the subject to obtain the information in question, other than in cases specified by law;
- to obtain information on conditions of the provision of access to personal data, including, for instance, the information about the third parties provided with their Personal data;
- to access their personal data;
- to receive a reply, whether their personal data are processed, within thirty calendar days of the request, except for cases envisaged by law, and to obtain the contents of their personal data being stored;
- to submit a motivated demand with the objection against the processing of their personal data;
- to submit a motivated demand for the modification or the deletion of their personal data by any controller or handler, if the data are processed illegally or are false;
- to have their personal data protected against illegal processing and accidental loss, destruction or damage due to the deliberate concealment, the non-provision or the late provision thereof, as well as to be protected against the provision of the false information or the information that are detrimental to the honor, the dignity and the business reputation of the individual;
- to contact state authorities and local self-government bodies, whose powers include the exercise of the personal data protection, in respect of the protection of their personal data rights (Ombudsmen, court);
- to apply legal remedies in case of the violation of the personal data protection legislation;
- to make a reservation in respect of restrictions on the right to process personal data when giving a consent to the processing of personal data;
- to withdraw a consent to the processing of personal data;
- to know mechanism of the automatic processing of personal data;
- to protection against automated solution that has legal consequences for personal data subject.
Reservations re Confidentiality
The Visitors who are job seekers shall bear in mind that the Personal data they provide in profiles or resumes through the Website shall be available for public access by means of the Website. The Holder does try to limit the access to the resume and profile database to the registered Visitors – employers only, however it may not always be possible. The Visitors may delete their profile or resume from the Website but their copies may be retained with third parties who have copied them before.
If the Visitor does not want his/her Personal data to be visible for third parties then he/she shall choose the respective option when submitting it. The Website provides the option when the Visitor may post his/her profile or resume to the Website but make it invisible for third parties. The Visitor may use such profile or resume in order to apply online for a suitable vacancy through the Website. However the Visitor shall note that such privacy settings may apply only in order to limit access of third parties to their Personal data. The Holder still will collect and process the Personal data according to this Policy and the effective legislation.
Nevertheless the Visitors shall not post their Personal data they would not want to make public.
Access and Correction of the Information
If the Visitors wish to access or update their Personal data, they have submitted through the Website, or to make any inquiries about the processing of such information, they shall contact the Holder as described below in the paragraph “Contacts” unless such option is not available at the Website directly. The Holder provides the Visitors with access to their information where it believes appropriate, including in situations where the Visitors are entitled to access and review their information under applicable data protection and privacy laws.
Personal Data Share
The Holder shall not share the Personal data (except the Personal data with public access) with any third parties, unless required by law, or unless explicitly requested by the Personal data subject or otherwise as set out in this Policy. The Holder recognizes that personal information is valuable and takes all reasonable measures to protect it while it is in the Holder’s care.
Personal data which has been submitted to the Holder may be disclosed across national geographical borders to any third parties working with the Holder or on the Holder’s behalf where this is necessary to meet the purpose for which the Personal data has been submitted or where the Holder is required to do so or permitted by law. The Holder may also store personal data in a jurisdiction other than where the Personal data subject is based. However, the Holder will do its best to ensure that all such third parties protect information and data adequately and that the interference in the Visitors’ private life shall be eliminated.
The Holder has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personally identifiable data and information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. However, despite the Holder’s best efforts, security cannot be absolutely guaranteed against all threats. To the best of the Holder’s ability, the Holder ensures that all appropriate confidentiality obligations and technical and organizational security measures are in place to prevent any unauthorized or unlawful disclosure or processing of such information and data, and the accidental loss or destruction of or damage to such information and data.
Amendments to the Policy
The Holder reserves the right to change this Policy. The Visitors shall check the Policy frequently and particularly before they submit additional personal information via the Website. All revisions to this Policy will be posted on the Website. The Holder displays the effective date of the Policy on the top of it.
The Personal Data Retention Period
Personal data submitted to us will only be retained for as long as is required for the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law.
For questions or comments about the Policy, or for assistance accessing or updating the personal data, posted through the Website, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
November 5th, 2014